Events for inclusive discussions
Policy Dialogue and Forum on New Governance Strategies for Urban Design
17 Mar. 2021
After two intense and enriching years, the Final Event of Urban Maestro will take place on the 17th of March 2021, in the form of a Policy Dialogue.
This event will involve discussing the project’s achievements and findings, as well as present key takeaways together with lessons learned for improving quality in the built environment through innovative strategies for the governance of urban design.
High level policy dialogue
POLICY DIALOGUE – Welcome and Introduction to Urban Maestro
Lessons learned and policy recommendations
Project’s main findings, illustrated by concrete examples on the use of soft power in the governance of urban design, presented in dialogue with practitioners and local authorities
Policy implications for the local, national and EU level
Introduction to the EXPERT FORUM
Meet the experts!
Discussion forum hosted by leading experts and representatives of the 100+ practices identified across Europe by project Urban Maestro, according to the following topics:
• From experimentation and temporary solutions to long-term impact?
• How to build quality culture for children and youth?
• How to mobilize investments motivated by societal values?
• How to measure place quality, and does it lead to better design?
• How to mainstream participatory instruments in public administration?
• Towards a common EU approach for architecture competitions? What role for design as negotiation tool?
• Comparative analysis of Masterclass case studies
The future of urban design governance
Virtual drink – informal gathering & networking
(via a separate video game platform)
In partnership with
AGENDA - Urban Maestro Policy Dialogue and Forum